PIX3L_NATION: YEAR TWO
FULL ANNOUNCEMENT AND PLANS FOR 2015 & THE FUTURE
Greetings! Tis' I, The Other User. Artist & founder of PIX3L_NATION. I have returned to deviantART to bear news of our 2 year anniversary! Glorious! These past 4 months had been a busy month for me handling this guild of merry pixel artists. A lot of planning, jobs here and there, and more planning. Today, I am going to announce all of our plans throughout 2015 and the many years ahead of us.
So here it goes:
My first attempt on "vlogging".
So here it goes:
- PIX3L_NATION is celebrating its two year anniversary! No shit hombre, you said that already. Did I? Did I mentioned what we have planned for you guys this year's anniversary? Don't think so! Before that, a quick recap of what we did last year. Last year, we collaborated a several other local artists. They were very few and we were very shy to ask and collab with people. This year however.......WE ARE COMPLETELY DITCHING THAT SHIT. What the fuck? Why? Well, last year we had lot's of time to be working on these dedicated collaborations. This year, unfortunately, is different. In case some of you may not know this, I have left college and have gotten a job. *GASP* I know. Shocking. But if that's what's gonna help me elevate PIX3L_NATION to the next level (and fund myself for selfish needs, reasons, & purposes), I'll be happy to work a full time job as a graphic designer and earn some income. Well that's a relief. Well I'm not quite working as a graphic designer per say but that's another story for another day.
- PROJECTS. PROJECTS. PROJECTS. When I mentioned that we are completely ditching the whole collaboration thing, it wasn't completely true. Isn't it a little bit late for April Fools, mate? Quite the opposite. We ARE doing collaborations but on a much much bigger scale and because that, we don't have much time to work with other artists and fellow illustrators to create wonderful masterpieces. How big is this project you wonder? It's the size of my pe-cut the dick jokes you dirty bastard. Fine. We are currently working with another band (AHA! another creative kind of people) to work on a music video. Who they are and we're gonna be doing is none of your business. Awww... Yet. That's fair I guess. And the other project, is that we get to work on another game! Holy fucking shitballs! My pants is soiled with jizz and shite right now. Gross. Anyways, it's the same people who asked us for help with the sprites we made the last time so YAY we get to work with awesome people.
- A third arm. Oh god. Yes! We are adding an additional member to the party. Well, more like a trainee. With all these projects and plans we have for PIX3L_NATION, we are bound to have the need for another member sooner or later. If you live in Penang and is interested in joining us, hit us on Facebook and come hangout with us. Is it like a 2 or 3 hour long class lecture? Class lecture? Pfft, no. It's a whole day out hanging together. We're gonna be doing art, chill, and game for a day (or half of it at least).
- Merch upgrades. As of right now, I have a personal online store where you can purchase t-shirts of my designs as well as some art prints. You can check them out here. Mainly the site is for international buyers but if any locals are interested, you can pre-order the shirts through our Facebook page. Now, depending on how successful my little store is, we're gonna proceed to open another account for PIX3L_NATION where we're gonna be designing some exclusive stuff specifically for that store. And yes, you can still pre-order the shirts through our Facebook page. We're also gonna be having exclusive designs and bonus perks for our local customers. All local pre-orders are gonna be printed and shipped or collected locally.
- MOTHER FUCKING LASER TAG SHOWDOWN. I'm killing two birds with one stone on this one. Along with PIX3L_NATION's two year anniversary and my birthday, I'm organizing a laser tag deathmatch. Sorry, local event only. Follow us on our Facebook to learn more about the event and how I'm gonna kick your ass in laser tag.
- Online content variant. Since the beginning of 2015, I've been trying to put out more content for our YouTube Channel. Apart from our timelapse/speed painting/watch-me-draw videos, we're gonna be uploading commentaries/vlogging videos on our channel. But vlogs can be soooo boring. Don't worry, if we have extra time, we are planning on releasing pixel art animated videos. There is still a lot we could do with the channel and we are open to suggestions.
My first attempt on "vlogging".
- Beautiful Junk 2015 & Behance Portfolio Review Penang. This year we are joining Beautiful Junk 2015 for their last ride. Beautiful Junk is a local graphic design exhibition that features art (both local and international artists, illustratrator, and designers) and indie music altogether under one roof. Spearheaded by the man Chun Woei of UrbanCr3atures himself. And this year will be their final exhibition. The exhibition itself will be a first in Malaysia to feature a 3D anaglyph art exhibition. During the exhibition itself, they are also organizing another Behance Portfolio Review Penang in which I was an invited key speaker for last year.